11 January 2006

A sweet lunch

Had lunch today with Ariel, the "cute and curvy 20-year-old" with whom I enjoy keeping time. She (a vegan, alas!) came over, and I cooked chili. We hadn't seen each other for a month or so, and it was good to catch up on both sides of our holidays.

A moment: she had just dropped her coat and bag, and we stood, talking, very close--within impulse kissing distance, had I the nerve. And on we went.

After the main course, I then surprised her with a little dessert--scotch (Glenmorangie Port Finish, a virgin bottle) and chocolate (Dagoba). We sat on the couch, and I so wanted to give her a footrub when the opportunity presented it, but again, I let the moment pass.

You see, when we meet with a group at another friend's house (as we will tomorro' night), we usually sit next to one another and surreptitiously touch. Just a little.

But two things: the one time I tried kissing her goodnight, she turned away; and second, over Christmas break, she expressed discomfort at an e-mail flirtation. So, OK--I really enjoy her company. Hugs at the beginning and end, and incidental touches along the way, made the more exciting for their rarety.

Then, my day was made: an e-mail from her, saying:
I had a very nice time today, and not only because of the soup & scotch.


Can't wait to pick up this flirtation tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

13