04 January 2006

My Japanese wife

Not really, but Misty calls herself that. She spent time teaching in Japan, and was the "other woman" for part of that time. She didn't especially enjoy the relationship itself, but she enjoyed the travel and swanky perks, and has no regrets.

Well, ever since I moved in, she has called herself my "Japanese wife." And she described in no uncertain terms what that meant: I was responsible for most of the income, and she would see to the household, including paying the bills. Our social life might be together or apart, and sex simply wasn't a priority.

I went along with all this for a time, except for the "don't ask, don't tell" nature of the Japanese mistress situation. I couldn't believe that she meant all the implications of the term. But over time, it became clearer and clearer to me that it was exactly what she meant.

When we finally talked about my bisexuality (a label that had taken me quite a while to claim), we talked about polyamory as well. As it happens, she's not averse to the idea of our playing sexually with other people, but she's also not concerned if I do, as long as, essentially, we wake up together in the morning. Discretion, too, is crucial to us both.

So the overlay of this post and the previous one combine to give a picture of where things stand. I've only played with Phil and Marcy; Misty knows when I visit them that we are likely to end up playing, and she simply doesn't want to have it as an issue between the two of us. And so far, so good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

the tangled webs we all lead!! lol

Glad to see you allowed me to find you, as an FYI..my podcast goes up tonight!!

Interesting and wild living situation, can't wait to grab a glass fo wine and come back to read more.

04 January, 2006 22:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home

13