03 January 2006

Who's who

Adam: that's me. Read on or back, or see the profile to learn more about meā€¦all in good time. In a nutshell, I'm a thirty-something, twice-married, bisexual, native Californian, graduate student and artist (taken broadly, somewhere in the world of creative and/or performing arts). If I had a beard, I'd fit neatly into the gay realm of the bears. The biblical name Adam is sort of God's cosmic joke; it simply means "man." I share a cozy 1-bedroom apartment in Berkeley with my lovely wife,

Misty: A thirty-something, once-married, straight (mostly, so far) east coast transplant who once upon a time taught in Japan and is now working on her own new career. I call her Misty after a mis-hearing of her maiden name once upon a time. Misty is an elegant, bespectacled brunette; she looks something like this. She applies the motto: "nothing ugly in the apartment."

Phil: We've known each other for nine years, and have had no secrets from each other, especially once we realized we were both bi. He's a strapping southern gentleman in his mid-40s who runs a small video production company in the East Bay. We met at the end of his first marriage and worked through his brief second one. Misty & I spent a turbulent year (during which the three of us made out on the couch one night but didn't have the nerve to go further, alas!) living with Phil and his girlfriend,

Marcy: An intense, petite, bespectacled strawberry blonde paralegal (who looks a bit like this, this 41-year old drinks more cheap scotch than she ought. She and Misty were never close, but thought they could get along sharing a house. Nope. That also cut short the previously-promising potential that we might all get naked together. Hasn't stopped me from getting naked with Phil & Marcy a handful of times. We also hang out a bit at their place without sex; the cool thing is that we're really very good friends first.

Hilary: A quiet young lady who left the area in June to do postdoctoral work. Over the course of 4 years, we spent a number of lunches and evenings together, purely platonically (if that's really the right word, given that it certainly wasn't my preference). I miss her, but was always frustrated that our friendship never deepened to the point where we could really talk about things, nor did we have a physical relationship beyond hugging and one kiss the last time I saw her.

Rena: Marcy's friend from work. We've still never managed to work out our schedules, but keep hoping to do so. She's a fine kisser, and I bet she'll be great fun when we finally get naked together. (Notice I said when, not if.)

Ariel: Coincidentally, we met later in the evening of the same day I had my farewell lunch with Hilary back in May. A cute & curvy 20-year-old, she's the only woman on this list who doesn't wear glasses. She's brilliant, and it's a delight to spend time with her pushing me intellectually. We've had a few lunches and hung out together in the same groups quite a bit. I can flirt gently with her (touching her neck surreptitiously, for example), but when it's just the two of us, it's always very proper. I'm looking forward to buying her an official drink soon after her big day in May.

K. & C: I list them together, because that's how we usually interact; they get initials (how 19th-century of me! because they're the only ones I haven't yet pseudonymized (if that's not a word, it should be) elsewhere. They're a lesbian couple Misty and I spend a lot of social time with. K is one of the only people who knows I'm bisexual. She wears the pants in that family. C is the girly one, and dated men in college. She and I bonded over the topic of strap-ons. They both have a thing for Misty, who has no idea. I keep thinking that if the circumstances were right, they'd welcome me for a chance to share a bed with Misty. Adam sandwich, anyone?

Veronica An early-40s mom who is just adorable. I can't put my finger on it, but we seem to have this really nice, professional-yet-personal connection that has had me aware of her since the moment we met, just a few months ago. After some time from kind-of-afar, she's become involved in one of my projects, and I love having her around. It's hard to say just why that is, because there's absolutely nothing there...but there is, at the same time. So we'll just have to see.

So that's the cast of characters. There'll be more, old and new.
But now I can keep track, and so can you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

13