09 August 2005

Friends, or fuckbuddies?

Definitely the former. I've never been able to make a go of the latter.

Phil and I have been friends for a long time, and have drunk, smoked the evil weed, and talked about women a lot. The four of us (his girlfriend Marcy, plus Misty & me) tried living together for a little while, but it was a disaster. The two MMF threesomes got along well, but the two women were at each other's throats from the beginning.

Before moving in, we had come very close to really fooling around, and Misty saw Marcy and me sharing a more-intimate-than-prudent good-night kiss a few months previous. Misty was happy to fool around with Phil and me, but wanted nothing to do with Marcy, and so we agreed that we would be hands-off as long as we shared the place.

About 2 months after we moved out, I visited Phil & Marcy in their new place, and we finally got as naked as we had been wanting. (This was just a couple of weeks after I came out to Misty as bi, and we talked about having a poly relationship.) It was a blast in every way one might imagine, and has been the 3 subsequent times as well.

At the same time, afterwards we talked about how the thing that made it work was that we were friends first, and enjoyed one another's company. As a result, we can get together without expecting sex--it's just part of the package when it happens.

Marcy tried connecting me with Rena, a friend of hers from work. Rena's a single girl who went a long time in her 30s without sex, and now wants to not have to worry about strings. We all met for drinks, and engaged in some mutually great kissing (before I gave Marcy a ride home to break in the new place she and Phil had moved to...but I digress). Rena & I had lunch and made tentative plans to get together...but it just sort of fizzled. We're a little in touch via e-mail, and I think we're both curious about what it would be like if we were to get naked together. The same thing happened the last time I pursued someone as a fuckbuddy, or friend with benefits--maybe I'm just not wired that way.

So that leaves me with: waking up each morning with Misty (her lowest-common-denominator, that I come home, even late), Phil & Misty as an occasional extra in their bed, Rena as a potential bed-buddy of some sort, and Hypatia, who I think will be a bluntly intimate, flirtatious friend. And if we get to find out what it's like to be naked together, so much the better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Spam. I've now added word verification.

03 January, 2006 17:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home

13